- All essential castings are rib reinforced to provide a rigid machine
structure for long lasting accuracy and stability.
- The precision cartridge spindle is equipped with 4 preloaded class 7
(p4) super precision angular contact ball bearings to ensure high
accuracy and superior grinding finish.
- Spindle, couplings, and 10HP spindle motor are precisely balanced for
low vibration and powerful output to achieve precision grinding
- Rigid table with box-type structure travels on a cushion of oil with
no metal-to-metal contact to provide excellent way longevity.
- Column guideways are Turcite-B coated and precisely hand scraped to
provide smooth movement for better accuracy and longer way life.
- The rigid wheelhead travels on wide contact hardened and ground
guideways and is precisely positioned with a stepping motor to ensure
better downfeed repeatability.
- Crossfeed mechanism incorporates a precision ball screw and AC inverter
to provide a smooth accurate crossfeed, and allow criss-cross grinding
for a better grinding surface finish.
- The hydraulics, coolant, and lubrication systems are separated from
the machine to eliminate vibration and dissipate heat. A heat exchanger
is used on the hydraulic system to maintain the proper temperature of
the hydraulic oil.
- All moving surfaces and rotating parts are continuously lubricated by
an auto-lube system to ensure longer service life and maintain maximum
accuracy. An alarm light will illuminate if oil pressure drops below
Table size: 20" x 60"
Max. grinding length: 62"
Max. grinding width: 20.1"
Distance from table to spindle center: 24"
Max. table load (include Chuck): 2420 lbs
Standard magnetic chuck size: 20" x 60"
Manual traverse: 67"
Hydraulic traverse: 65"
Table speed (infinite variable): 10-82 fpm
Manual traverse: 22"
Rapid traverse: 67.3 in/min.
Auto increment feeds: 0.08" - 0.4"
- per graduation: 0.001"
- per revolution: 0.2"
Rapid traverse: 11.22 in/min
- per graduation: 0.000050"
- per revolution: 0.004"
Wheel size: 14"x 2"x 5" (D x W x Bore)
Spindle speeds: 1710 rpm
Spindle motor: 10 HP
Crossfeed motor: 1/4 HP
Elevating motor: 1/2 HP
Hydraulic motor: 3 HP
Net weight (approx.): 14432 lbs
Gross weight (approx.): 15400 lbs
Packing Dimension: 175" x 90" x 114" (L x W x H)
- Grinding wheel w/flange
- Wheel extractor
- Balancing arbor
- Diamond dresser
- Halogen lamp
- Hydraulic system w/cooling fan
- Leveling screws w/ blocks
- Tool box w/adjusting tools
- Operator's manual & parts lists
- Front & Rear Splash guards
OPTIONS, TOOLING AND ACCESSORIES (call for pricing):
MAGNETIC CHUCKS AND CONTROL
- Electromagnetic chuck (20" x 60")
- Auto demagnetizer (for electric chuck)
- O.S. Walker Interloc-Type (20" x 60")
- Control for O.S. Walker chuck
- Coolant system (98L capacity)
- Coolant system w/mag. sep. & paper filter (60L/min, 140L)
- Coolant system w/magnetic separator (20L/min, 58L)
- Coolant system w/magnetic separator (40L/min, 98L)
- Coolant system w/paper filter (60L/min, 140L)
- Manual parallel dressing attachment
- Hydraulic parallel dressing attachment
- Overhead parallel dress. w/auto compensation
- Radius dressing attachment
SONY DIGITAL READOUT SYSTEM
- Two axis (Z & Y axis) digital readout
- One axis (Elevating) digital readout
- Balancing stand (straight type)
- Balancing stand (roller type, 20")
- Grinding wheel
- Spare wheel flange
- Variable spindle speeds for wheelhead by AC frequency control